BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC):Twenty20 captain Darren Sammy has spoken of his disappointment at not being offered a retainer contract by the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB).The former Test captain was chopped from the 15-man list announced recently by the WICB for the period running from October 1 last year to September 30, 2016.”It’s the first time in the last seven or eight years that I’ve not been given a retainer by the WICB. It’s quite disappointing, but cricket has not been about Darren Sammy, it’s for the West Indian people,” Sammy was quoted as telling a Pakistan cricket website.”I am disappointed that I never received a contract from the WICB, but it’s not my decision. I’ve played the two limited-overs formats for West Indies on a regular basis and performed the role I was asked. It’s very disappointing, particularly as I am the Twenty20 captain, but life goes on.”Sammy has been a key figure in West Indies cricket over the last five years and played a significant role in leading the Caribbean side to the capture of the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka four years ago.He also captained the side in 30 of his 38 Tests before retiring two years ago after being sacked in favour of Denesh Ramdin.Sammy has continued to play the shorter formats, however, and was part of the one-day squad for the Cricket World Cup in Australia and New Zealand last February.The 32-year-old, who now campaigns extensively in the various domestic T20 leagues across the globe, said that he remained committed to representing West Indies in the shorter formats.”I guess they (WICB) are more focused on Test cricket, which I’ve retired from, but I’m fully committed to the one-day and Twenty20 format for West Indies if selected,” Sammy said.”Looking back, when I was growing up, I only dreamed of playing for West Indies, but now I can travel the world and play for so many different franchise teams.”He added: “I’ve had some fantastic times playing for West Indies. I enjoy playing for West Indies and it is still my number-one priority.