COVID-19: IKEA Indonesia temporarily shuts flagship store

first_imgThe furniture giant would ensure the best possible outcome following the closure of its flagship store in Alam Sutera, she added.IKEA Indonesia, which is a subsidiary of publicly-listed retail company PT Hero Supermarket, had previously been allowed to maintain its operations, as it was considered a business providing essential products.However, concerns were raised over what appeared to be a large number of visitors in video footage depicting a packed parking lot at the Alam Sutera store, which went viral on social media on Sunday.Dan ini bagaimana??? pic.twitter.com/9ksZpzd52J— Fathimah Aza (@IffahAlqadrie) May 9, 2020Another video shows visitors lining up for temperature checks at the entrance of the store on Saturday.Suasana antrean masuk IKEA Alam Sutera, Pinang, Kota Tangerang, yang ramai untuk pemeriksaan suhu tubuh pengunjung sebelum masuk gedung. Selama PSBB, IKEA Alam Sutera beroperasi dari pukul 11.00 hingga 20.00 WIB. pic.twitter.com/CWazIvbfL6— About Tangerang (@AboutTNG) May 9, 2020 “The number of visitors is relatively low compared to what we’ve recorded under normal circumstances. The queue took place at the store’s entrance where visitors lined up for temperature checks yesterday,” Ririn said. The number of its online customers had increased significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic, she added.Ririn went on to say that IKEA had implemented various measures to minimize the risk of coronavirus infection among visitors and employees, such as providing access to hand sanitizer and ensuring a safe physical distance.The Banten provincial administration imposed PSBB on Tangerang regency and municipality from April 18 to May 3.As of Sunday, Tangerang confirmed 209 COVID-19 cases and 24 deaths linked to the disease. Overall, 14,265 people have been recorded as infected in Indonesia, with 991 dead.The second IKEA store in Sentul City, Bogor, West Java, remains open, according to Ririn.“It is still open for the time being. We’re still considering our steps,” she said.Topics : Sweden-based furniture retailer IKEA has temporarily shut its store in Tangerang, Banten, over concern that the outlet could be a place of COVID-19 transmission while public authorities are enforcing large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) in the region.IKEA Indonesia spokeswoman Ririn Basuki confirmed to The Jakarta Post that the company had agreed to close down its first brick-and-mortar store in the country following a request from local authorities to comply with the region’s PSBB.“IKEA prioritizes the health and safety of our visitors and workers by complying with government regulations, including the PSBB,” Ririn told the Post.last_img read more

Read More →

First home buyers pushing back against investors to get into estate

first_imgKyle Osborne and partner Carissa Watkinson and their three girls are looking forward to their move to Brisbane’s northside and more space for their children to play.THE Moreton Bay region is squashing concerns that first home buyers are being pushed out of the market by investors, with the first homebuyer market jumping in and snapping up vacant lots.Central Springs in Caboolture, a QM Properties master planned community, is reporting up to 70 per cent of its development sales to date to the first homebuyer market. QM Properties general sales manager Damien Ross said first home buyers were recognising the appeal of Central Springs, a community that will see at least 1000 brand new homes completed by 2023.“We have been receiving really strong levels of inquiry since release, resulting in 40 sales all off the plan,” Mr Ross said.“First home lending and buying is certainly on the rise in Queensland, and it’s great to see people considering the Caboolture and Moreton Bay region.“Growth in the area, attractive house prices and its proximity to Brisbane’s city centre make Central Springs an appealing and affordable option for first home buyers.” Central Springs in Caboolture will have 1000 new homes by 2023.First home buyers Kyle Osborne and Carissa Watkinson have seen the appeal of the region and have purchased a 621sq m block in Central Springs.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home5 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor5 hours agoCurrently living on the Gold Coast, the family of five is opting to move north for work and lifestyle.Mr Osborne said the family had been looking for land since October, closer to where they work in Chermside and Brendale but found Central Springs offered what they were looking for.“It’s going to be a nice quiet estate where we can take the kids for a walk around the lake and spend time together,” Mr Osborne said.“Where we live at the moment is a busy street so they can’t ride their bikes and the closest park is a 20 minute walk away.”Mr Osborne said their main priority was getting a decent size block of land so the children could have a good sized trampoline and fort in the backyard.“For the same price we got the 621sq m block, the further south you go for that same price you get a much smaller block, for example in Narangba you would get a 400sq m block for around the same price as ours,” he said.Australian Bureau of Statistics Housing Finance data released in March revealed that financing for Queensland owner-occupied dwellings rose by 3.5 per cent over the past year; 13.4 per cent of which were first homebuyer commitments.Mr Ross said this latest data quashes concerns that first home buyers are being pushed out of the market by investors with current sales figures reflecting the data.“We have also seen a large amount of interest from the local first home buyers with 83.3 per cent of our buyers already living in the Moreton Bay area, which shows great faith in the region,” he said.“Many of our buyers are people who have grown up in the area and want to remain close to their family and local community.”Once complete Central Springs will have a 5ha lake, private and public schools at their doorstep and the Central Lakes shopping village and major transport hubs nearby.A display village is expected to open later in the year.last_img read more

Read More →

Guilty plea entered in 2016 Greensburg murder

first_imgGreensburg, In. — A 43-year-old suspect in a 2016 Greensburg murder has entered a guilty plea.Police say Jason Eaton shot Wendy Sabatini in October of 2016 after she rejected a marriage proposal.A report from the Greensburg Police Department says Eaton’s son found Sabatini’s body in their East Washington Street home following a school event. Eaton later turned himself in at the police station.Eaton told police he approached her with a ring and declined the proposal before he could speak. He then got a handgun from the bedroom and shot her in the back of the head.Sentencing has been set for March 5, 2018.last_img

Read More →