Culturalist Challenge! Which Broadway Dance Number Is the Biggest Showstopper?

first_img View Comments The Broadway.com staff is crazy for Culturalist, the website that lets you choose and create your own top 10 lists. Every week, we’re challenging you with a new Broadway-themed topic to rank. We’ll announce the most popular choices on the new episode of The Broadway.com Show every Wednesday.Last week, our neighbors at Avenue Q celebrated their 12th anniversary in New York City, so we asked you to rank your favorite characters from the Tony-winning musical. The results are in, and fans chose Avenue Q’s gay republican puppet Rod as their best pal. This week, we’re celebrating all things dance. From Something Rotten! to An American in Paris, Broadway is chock full of gorgeous, stirring, silly and downright fun dance numbers—and with American Ballet Theatre principal dancer Misty Copeland joining the cast of On the Town on August 25, there’s another reason to celebrate this summer. So we want to know: Which dance number on Broadway is the biggest showstopper? Broadway.com Features Editor Lindsay Champion posted her list of top 10 picks here!STEP 1—SELECT: Visit Culturalist to see all of your options. Highlight your 10 favorites and click the “continue” button.STEP 2—RANK: Reorder your 10 choices by dragging them into the correct spot on your list. Click the “continue” button.STEP 3—PREVIEW: You will now see your complete top 10 list. If you like it, click the “publish” button.Once your list is published, you can see the overall rankings of everyone on the aggregate list.Pick your favorites, then tune in for the results on the next episode of The Broadway.com Show!last_img read more

Read More →

EPL: Fernandes wins player of the month award for February

first_img “I talked with Sporting, who had already had some discussions with Man Utd about my transfer and when they talk with me, I told them my first choice was Man Utd and it’s what I need for my career. Fernandes has been in impressive form for United Read Also: Pogba makes coronavirus fund-raising pledge “I see the same team from one month ago. I think we are the same and have a lot of hunger to win, to give a lot, to do better and better in every game. “In the last month, we’ve had a lot of really good games and I think we can talk about a new start after Bruno, but it’s not about Bruno, it’s about the team.” United were due to face a trip to Tottenham on Sunday prior to the suspension of the Premier League. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtThe Most Beautiful Middle Eastern ActressesWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Ever Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hootWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?The Top 9 Oddest Underwater Discoveries No One Can Explain Loading… Fernandes made his United debut in the goalless draw at home to Wolves on February 1, and also played in the Premier League victories over Chelsea and Watford over the course of the month, scoring his first goal for his new club in the latter and registering assists in both games. The 25-year-old has three goals in nine appearances for United in all competitions since his arrival, with top level football now taking a back seat during the ongoing coronavirus crisis. Fernandes recently spoke about his decision to join United in an interview with Sky Sports . “The decision was easy because when I had the chance to come, I didn’t think twice,” he said.Advertisement Bruno Fernandes has been named as the Premier League player of the month for February. The Manchester United midfielder picks up the award following his first full month in the division, after joining from Sporting Lisbon at the end of the January transfer window.last_img read more

Read More →

BCB 2020 Cricket Season| Premium Asphalt and T/R Construction 20/20 Tournament launched

first_imgTHE Berbice Cricket Board (BCB), in partnership with Premium Asphalt and T/R Construction, will host their inaugural inter-zone 2020 knockout tournament for 20 teams in the Lower/ Central Corentyne area.The launch, which took place last Friday, will see No1 Road, Courtland, Fyrish, Fyrish Road, Chesney, Kilcoy, Jai Hind, Albion Open, Belvedere United, Tamarind Root, Rose Hall Tigers, Port Mourant, Tain Block 4, Whim-Kildonan, Kennard Memorial and Ramnarine Memorial doing battle.Powerhouses, Rose Hall Town Bakewell and Albion, have been debarred from the tournaments as an encouragement to the other teams. Matches would start at 13:00hrs while captains, who fail to be at the venue by 12.45PM, would forfeit their rights to the toss. All other players will be granted half an hour after the scheduled start of play.Teams have to submit at least fifteen players and they would only be allowed to represent one club in the calendar year unless permission is obtained from the BCB. Only players living in the sub-zone are allowed to play unless they have a record of playing for other clubs.BCB President Hilbert Foster and Chairman of the BCB Competition Committee, Leslie Solomon, at the launching at the Area H Ground, urged the club to invest in youth development if Berbice Cricket is to develop.Each team shall have to play one Under-19 player in their final eleven. Foster cautioned the teams that the BCB would only assist those who have a junior team. Solomon spoke at length about the importance of team discipline as the BCB intends to take a hard stance on indiscipline.Solomon also urged the teams to look around their villages and to get youths involved in playing the game. Foster expressed gratitude to the Management of Premium Asphalt and T/R Construction for joining the long list of BCB sponsors and reassured them that the tournament would be well organised and promoted.Mr. Tevindra Jagdeo, the sponsor, stated that he and his brother are very pleased with the remarkable work the BCB has done and, as such, decided to come forward. He expressed confidence the tournament would be successful and would achieve its objective of promoting cricket at the grassroot level.last_img read more

Read More →

Trojans slip past Orange

first_imgEAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Perhaps a weather delay was just what No. 2 USC needed in order to get its stagnant offense going.In front of an announced crowd of 39,507, Syracuse held USC (2-0) to 71 yards in the first quarter, with Barkley throwing for just 27 passing yards. The Trojans also attempted three fourth-down conversions in the first, converting only one on a sweep by sophomore wide receiver Marqise Lee.No. 2 and No. 9 · For the second straight week, a USC wide receiver registered over 200 all-purpose yards. Junior Robert Woods ran wild against Syracuse, amassing 93 receiving yards and a 76-yard run. – Carlo Acenas | Daily Trojan“A lot of praise for [Syracuse],” Kiffin said. “This is a good team that we were coming to play today … Give those guys a lot of credit for playing really hard.”But after Saturday’s 69-minute weather delay, the Trojans exploded for 28 points in the second half. Behind six touchdown passes, which tied his career high, senior quarterback Matt Barkley led the Trojans to a 42-29 win over Syracuse at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.Though Lee shined brightest in the season opener against Hawai’i, junior wide receiver Robert Woods upstaged him against Syracuse, hauling in 10 receptions for 93 yards and adding a 76-yard run.Kiffin also made reference to the fact that playing in an NFL stadium on the other side of the country made things difficult.After a slow first quarter, USC’s luck turned in the second quarter when the senior signal caller hit sophomore wide receiver Marqise Lee for a 13-yard touchdown. Barkley also found junior wide receiver Robert Woods down the sideline with a little more than a minute to go in the half. Barkley finished with 187 yards passing on 23 completions.“[Barkley] played really well,” Kiffin said. “Once again, weird environment today, weather issues, wind issues, and I thought he took care of the ball really well.”The Orange put their first points on the board as time expired in the half, and USC was leading 14-3 — but then the clouds came.Fans were forced to stand inside the stadium while the players and coaches left the field for more than an hour as intense rain and storms passed overhead. During the delay, Barkley said the team was calm and relaxed.“I put my feet up, put my headphones on,” Barkley said. “I took my pads off. I knew it was going to be longer than five or 10 minutes.”After the delay, Barkley found Woods for a four-yard touchdown with 11:38 left in the third. With quarterback Ryan Nassib at the helm, Syracuse pulled to within five points after Barkley threw his first interception of the season.Entering the fourth with the game close at 21-16, Barkley threw a touchdown to sophomore tight end Xavier Grimble, who bounced off four would-be tacklers to get into the end zone.Through two games, the Heisman hopeful has thrown 10 touchdowns to only one interception. Barkley’s six scoring tosses Saturday matched USC’s single-game record and put him at a career total of 90 touchdowns — just nine shy of Matt Leinart’s school record.Despite Barkley’s touchdowns, it was a Robert Woods run in the fourth quarter that got everyone in the stands on their feet.Woods took a reverse up the left sideline and cut all the way across to the right before being tackled by a Syracuse player after a 76-yard gain.“Coach Kiffin called a reverse, [we had] been practicing it the whole week,” Woods said. “[I] hit the edge — great block from Marqise [Lee] — two cuts, and I just tried to race down the sideline.”He finished with 76 rushing yards, 93 yards receiving and a pair of touchdowns. Lee had 66 yards receiving and three touchdowns.Barkley capped off his night with a scoring toss to Lee with 5:45 left in the game to put the game at 42-22. The Orange would score late to make the final tally 42-29.The defense held up its end of the bargain Saturday night, forcing Nassib, the nation’s leading passer, to throw two interceptions, both of which were caught by sophomore linebacker Dion Bailey. Bailey took charge of the defense when the game got close and finished the game with eight tackles.“I am one of the leaders of our defense,” Bailey said. “We huddled up and got the message across that we had to come up with a stop and put the ball back into our offense’s hands. We have one of the most explosive offenses in the country, and they exploded in the second half like we thought.”The Trojans head back to the West Coast for next week’s game against Stanford in Palo Alto, Calif. on Sept. 15. The contest will be USC’s Pac-12 opener.last_img read more

Read More →

Bellamy to address cracks in Storm defence

first_imgThe Storm have now conceded more than 20 points three times this season – all in the past four rounds – after allowing teams to score that many points just twice in 2016.It could be the wake-up call the side needs before they enter a difficult Origin period without several of their stars.Bellamy made sure his side learned from their mistakes after the full-time siren as they move ahead for the rest of the season.”Obviously straight after the game, he (Bellamy) was disappointed and he let be known he was disappointed with our defensive effort,” Storm forward Dale Finucane said.”It wasn’t an angry blast, you could hear more of the disappointment as he spoke that it’s uncharacteristic of us. We pride ourselves on our defence and that’s what he was most disappointed with. Saying that, it (an angry blast) could be coming today.”‌With the club imposing a two-week suspension on prop forward Jesse Bromwich, it’s been a week of off-field distractions for the side but you won’t hear Melbourne using that as justification for their error-riddled performances.”The fact we’ve concede those points is disappointing but I’m not 100 per cent sure what to put it down to,” Finucane said. “We’ve had a couple of player movements but that’s no excuse. We always say our mantra is next man up.”Jesse is a massive part of our team and not having him leaves a big gap but we’ve been without Jesse a few times earlier this year with his thumb injury and back. “You can’t put it down solely to one player, it was a team effort and it wasn’t good enough.”The Storm travel to Perth in preparation for a South Sydney Rabbitohs outfit hot off a crushing 28-8 victory over the Wests Tigers on Friday night. While there are a number of players motivated to use this week’s match as another opportunity to stake their Origin claims, potential NSW Blues bolter Finucane is unimpressed with his own form of late.”I’d love to play Origin – it’s something I aspire to but I don’t think I’ve been playing my best recently,” Finucane said.A strong bounce-back win for Melbourne would boost Finucane’s chances of earning an Origin debut as well as ensure the club capitalises on their full complement of players before serving ongoing representative duties.Tohu Harris’s return has come at a vital time for the Storm. “To be able to play all the game on the weekend was really good for him (Harris),” Finucane said. “He looks like he hasn’t missed a beat. We’re grateful to have him back in the team.”There’s a number of guys there we could be without and you want to do as well as you can before your team is a bit disjointed.” Photo: NRL (Melbourne captain Cameron Smith reacts after the Titans’ stunning win over the Storm Grant Trouville).last_img read more

Read More →